Our Spring 2014 Youth Field Lacrosse program will offer players two different levels of competitively appropriate play and skills development.
- The three Recreational teams (U-16, U-14, and U-11) will focus on individual skill development with a minimum of physical contact. The registration process for the Recreational team is done through Westmount Recreation. Practice for Recreational players is two days a week, Wednesday nights and Sunday afternoons.
- To provide opportunities for “Competitive” players, the city has teamed up with the Westmount Lynx Lacrosse Club. The three Competitive teams will build on the individual skills developed in the “Recreational” program but will incorporate full contact (not “collisions”) and competitive games against area teams. We expect to have a 3- or 4-game schedule for each Competitive age level in the Spring.
- The Lynx players will practice Wednesday and Sunday with the Recreational players, but will have Friday evening practices as well (3 practices/week total).
- The Lynx players will play in games against other local teams later in the season.
- The Lynx players will receive a team jersey and additional coach’s instruction.
- The Lynx players will receive additional training in full game situations that will include contact, consistent with CLA guidelines.
- Registration for the Lynx requires that you fill out two forms and write a check for $200. Click through to the two forms here:
- If you want to play competitively with the Lynx, please bring the completed forms and the check to practice.
Costs for Spring Registration: Competitive (Lynx) $200 + Westmount Rec $50, separate registrations.
See “Master Calendar” for practice and game schedules.